Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mailbox

They deliver mail on Saturdays here in the US. Isn't that weird? I also get it delivered right to my door, which is kind of nice. Now that my cheques have arrived though, I don't really have much else to look forward to in my mailbox.

My inbox, however, is another thing altogether. I had been having problems retrieving my GMail inbox contents from two accounts in Thunderbird. I use Thunderbird because I hate using webmail interfaces. Not sure why my sensibilities demand a standalone application for reading my email, but that seems to be how I roll. For the last few weeks, however, there's been a problem with the system, which I have documented in earlier blog posts, and also been trying to debug in an online forum (I am user Chris M). If you were to follow that last link and scroll down to the end, you would find that the culprit seems to have been the Lightning plug-in trying to sync with GCal. This is a recent development, because I had been using GCal with Lightning for some while, however I recently switched from using the Provider add-on to using the native CalDAV calendar syncronization.

Coincidence?
Maybe.
Or maybe it was ...
Murder most foul!

0 comments: