Monday, September 21, 2009

Snippets from my day

Here's a bunch of mini entries. Unfortunately, nothing happened today that merits a grand narrative, so you will have to pick and choose from among them. They won't all be winners, but they're sufficiently small that any duds won't leave a bad taste in your mouth. Last thing I want is some nasty reply from ingrates like my sister or Effamy.


  1. Jude quote of the day: "Daddy, I want some more broccoli."
    I would typically be on the lookout for something a little more amusing in the way of Jude quotes, but a child requesting more broccoli is really worth mentioning.


  2. It's taken me 35 years, but I finally have a bunk bed. I came home early today to assemble it. I think I may change things up and sleep on a top bunk tonight, just for kicks. Jude likes making forts out of pillows and blankets, and having a top bunk from which to hang blankets is going to make our forts both more elabourate and easier to build.


  3. Fortunately, the Jude quote of the day is not a repetition of the expletive he heard me say when putting the bunk bed together. He tried to repeat it, but said something that sounded more like "Daddy, why did you say shut?". I told him it was because I couldn't close the pieces together.


  4. I have been using Chex mix for breading for the last two months. It is absolutely brilliant on fish. I discovered it by accident in August when I was lacking anything else that I could grind up into crumbs.


  5. Finally: net neutrality: yay! Rogers/Shaw monopolies and collusion: boo! Or, should I say "oops"?

1 comments:

effamy said...

i loved when the kids had bunk beds. they also each had "high" beds at one point (beds you had to climb up to get to, like they each had the top bunk). i shared a room with my sister for about 5 years and i wish we had had them. i remember when my sister was growing out of her crib (so that makes me about 4 i guess). at night when we went to bed she would stand up in her crib and rock from one foot to the other and sing "house, house, house house....". i remember being annoyed. if we had gotten bunk beds i would have been on top, nice place for throwing things at your annoying little sister. :-)