Thursday, September 17, 2009

70?

I figured I should make one last post before I become decidedly in my mid-thirties. Assuming I can make it to 70, I should be up for a mid-life crisis this year. Unfortunately, I get to spend tomorrow fretting about a three minute talk I have to give on my research. I remember in fourth grade when we had to do public speaking that a minute seemed like an eternity, and when shorter was better. How times have changed. Three minutes is not a lot of time to describe twelve to eighteen months' work and, I believe more importantly, persuade the audience that they should care.

What will I get in return? Rebecca and I are probably just going out for dinner while Amy entertains les messieurs chez nous.

And on that note, I'm going to bed, so that I can wake up elderly but refreshed.

0 comments: