Monday, August 31, 2009

Under the wire

This'll likely be my last post for the month of August, which will put me over the entry counts for the last two months. Not bad, considering that my family and I moved our household to a different country at the beginning of the month.

I was just about to jump over here from Facebook to write an entry when I saw the following ad text in the right hand ad column:

How Do I Look Mom
This is what Alex said about going to school. In Kenya, kids in high school must pay tuition, buy textbooks & uniform. Help a student.


Are my standards for ad copy too high? Or is 'spam' an official English dialect?

Now, on to the original point of my entry. This evening, Amy was hosting a going away party for one of the grad students. Unfortunately, Amy's music collection isn't very awesome. I feel Marc let her down in that respect. No worry though. I live ninety seconds away (no exaggeration) and have the most amazing collection of pop, alternative, electronica and baroque music on a portable hard drive. Amy had lent us a sauce pan when we arrived in town, so brought that with me when I returned as well. On my return, I noticed that there was a furniture store with a delivery entrance off of the alley way to Amy's apartment. As I am looking for bunk beds, I decided to check out the sale that they were having. Let's now imagine what the blog entry for the store owner might look like...

So the Sunday sale is winding down, and I'm just finishing tagging a sectional when some weirdo walks in from the alley carrying a pot -- like for cooking and stuff. Most normal people use the front door, so I immediately thought something was up. I asked him if I could help him, and he said he was looking for beds. And I thought, "Oh my God. Is this guy going to try and camp out here? He's got a pot. If he asks where the stoves are, I am calling the cops."

1 comments:

effamy said...

an amusing story told well. i give it a thumbs up.
and i hope you feel more normal with all the baby and baby momma love back in the house with you now.