Saturday, August 1, 2009

Egg Timer

Okay, so here's a quickie because I'm in the middle of packing up the kitchen. My laptop sits here on the kitchen table, and I am rewarding myself for taping up a couple of boxes with a quick hit of Wired news. Back when our basement was still Cabbage Patch green, we had some buddies over - Graeme and Miranda, the Bunnies, Deanna and Daniel, if my memory serves me. We were playing some game or another, the general gist of which being to see how well you know your friends. One of the questions was, "What room in the house is [so and so]'s favourite?" Among the options were the bedroom and the kitchen. Fortunately, my teammates had the good sense to guess that my favourite room was the kitchen (I have a 2 young kids. The bedroom is just trouble waiting to happen.)

So it shouldn't come as a surprise that this story about a Wii cooking game caught my eye. I'm not really into the video games. Not because I think they're dumb, mind you, but rather because I know that they can become huge time sinks that I can't afford. Nonetheless, the genre of games available for the Wii make it progressively more appealing as time goes by.

0 comments: