Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Reinforcements

I sprinted home on my bike this afternoon to find a certain envelope from the Social Security office in my mailbox. I looked at it, tears welling in my eyes, and said "you complete me," before jumping in the shower so that I would be ready for Amy's arrival with the Irish postdoc candidate we interviewed this afternoon. We took her to a quiet little restaurant nearby on the lab's dime, so I had the filet mignon, substituting the asparagus (eew) for broccoli. When it comes time to put in our $.02, I'll give her a thumbs up. I hope she works out, because that would mean that all four of the postdoctoral positions in the lab will be filled with foreigners, which amuses me.

My next task for the day will be to order a bunk bed, hoping the website is somewhat more functional than it was last night. And I expect to fall asleep after talking to Rebecca via Skype. Only 6 more days until she and the little smus return. I understand le petit monsieur is much different from when last I saw him, so I am very anxious to meet him again.

0 comments: