Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Handlebars

Bear with me ladies; you'll just have to accept what I'm about to say as gospel truth.

I've sported something approximating a goatee for about ten years. Genetics dictate that this is my only option, though it is compatible with my general facial hair philosophy. Sideburns, for example, should extend the scalp's hair; with a shaved head, sideburns look like an extension of ear hair, and you don't want to go there.

I have found I have a window during which time I find my own facial hair irritating. Generally, I clip my facial hair every three to four days, because I find that I am constantly able to feel it. After another few days, however, I become sufficiently accustomed to the feeling that I am no longer so aware of it. It is at this point that my options open up, and am just now considering goofing around with a good 70's style handlebar moustache for a few days.

0 comments: