Sunday, August 30, 2009

I was just reading this article on Wired about translating the electrical signals to the hand into the resultant handwriting. And then I noticed that writing with any of my fingers in the air would result in the same "handwriting" as pretending I was holding a pen. That might not seem especially strange until you consider that the instructions to your pinky finger to write your autograph would be quite different from those to your index finger guiding a pen to do the same thing. So it's like the instructions are reverse-engineered from the product. I don't know if anyone else who reads this is going to find this to be an interesting observation, though I can think of a few people who might. For everyone else, Jen posted a google maps link the other day to some busted grow-ops* in London, so maybe you might want to come back later and re-read this post.

*I'm not sure whether 2 plants found at the house on Emery St. qualifies as a grow-op. I mean, was the owner of the plants just getting his feet wet in this exciting new field? Or was he just really bad at growing plants?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of busted grow-ops, one was busted in our neighbourhood but I don't think it made the list b/c it was packed up before the cops arrived. Gives you a nice homey feeling eh?

Chris said...

There's no place like home...