Friday, March 20, 2009

The Steve

I got an email from one of the bunnies today, noting the time that has passed since my last blog entry. I can't bear the thought of a sad bunny, so here's what's been happening with me since Monday:

On Wednesday, I had a phone interview with Northwestern University. Not the whole school -- that would be bedlam -- just one person. Some questions were answered to the best of my ability. The end result of all of this was that an offer was made. I still had to find out from San Diego what was going on their end before I gave my reply. I don't want to spoil the fantastic surprise ending (I've been interviewing with M. Night Shyamalan), so I'll just say that I probably won't be getting as much use out of my motorcycle as I had originally planned.

Later on that day we drove up to the T-dot where we stayed overnight at John's. Unfortunately, my awesome sister Heather had a night class, and we had to work around Jude's nap schedule the next day, so we were unable to meet up with her and her dreamy husband, X. Oh, and my cell phone wasn't with me. For the vast majority of my readers who are wondering why the hell I'm mentioning these details, it's because I still haven't returned Heather's unanswered phone call to my cell phone, and I'm really, really sorry. Give me a call, I'll be home all night.

Okay, back to my week, and the title of this entry. I mentioned on Saturday that Jude had become obsessed with Steve Lupker. It turns out it wasn't a passing interest because Jude asked about "catching Steve" several times since last Friday, and so the opportunity to visit Steve and talk about toy cars was used as an incentive for Jude to leave his grandparents' house to pick me up from school. I had given Steve a heads-up about the visit, which was pretty amusing from my perspective. Steve had a good rapport with Jude, who was quite happy to demonstrate the multitude of ways in which one could crash a pickup truck. Arguably more amusing was Jude's attempt to persuade Steve that we live out of our car. Unfortunately, he didn't have the good sense to ask if he could spare some change.

0 comments: