Thursday, March 12, 2009

Boycott

I'm suspending my blog posts for the foreseeable future.

Fortunately, I seldom plan past the end of the week, which is when I'll be marking some assignments that will hopefully not cause me to cringe. Thus, the foreseeable future may be upon us sooner than you might think.

I also really hope that things go well for K and me. I had originally written 'K and I' and was about to explain that 'K' was an initial, whereas 'I' was being used as a pronoun to refer to myself, but then I realized that it would have been ungrammatical, thereby saving me the extra effort of having to issue a clarification. Except that I then went ahead and wrote about it.

Oh, I did want to announce that I am now up to 2 lost friends reclaimed via the internet. The first was Vivian. Sitting on our picture shelf at the top of the stairs is a photo of me, Bill Hodgetts and Nicole Anderson, on the day of our graduation. I knew that Nicole had gone off to grad school at Mac after that, but previous efforts to track her down via the email addresses on her publications were for naught. Fortunately, she saw a comment of mine on the facebook group dedicated to critiquing the abysmal state of research funding in Canada and contacted me. Fait accompli!

1 comments:

effamy said...

why is this entry called "boycott"? why are you suspending future entries? are you boycotting blogs? i mean, i haven't yet figured out why you're boxing up your house, why should i start understanding now? no one tells me anything! working at home is so good and yet so very isolating. if only i had an office...that i think is a good reason to want a job.

oh and on a i-can-make-chris-chuckle note, calm cool and collected hubby is now expressing regret, nay fear and trepidation, that i may indeed have to leave for a temporary position and is busy coming up with reasons why it's a bad idea even before i hear the competition results.