Sunday, March 29, 2009

This morning we changed things up a little bit. Normally on Sunday mornings, we drive to Rebecca's parents for a chaotic brunch with her parents, sister and brother-in-law and Jude's cousins. This weekend, we are having lunch at my parents'. There's still chaos, but it's of a different quality.

The route we took to get here had us following an idiot wearing an LA Dodgers baseball cap driving a white Dodge Ram pickup truck. For a couple blocks, and a couple of stops at controlled intersections, I wondered why the hell this guy had such slow reflexes when the light turned green and kept drifting in the lane, frequently having to swerve to avoid crossing the lane markers. It wasn't too long before I figured out his impairment: Hormones. It seemed he was physically unable to ignore anything on two legs wearing a dress. I watched several instances where his head would rotate like an owl's as he passed women on the sidewalk. I think it was to the credit of the other drivers on the road with him that no traffic accidents occurred. My only regret is that I didn't think to memorize his license plate so I could post it on the internet. Unfortunately, there isn't any breathalyzer device that could be attached to his car's ignition to prevent someone like that from driving while under the influence of hormones. My best suggestion is that someone should kick the guy in the crotch with a steel-toed boot before he gets behind the wheel.

0 comments: