Monday, March 16, 2009

Apocolypse? Now?

Over the weekend, I began the process of changing the oil and filter on my motorcycle, in preparation of getting it back on the road. I removed the old filter, letting the old storage oil drain out, but strangely, not all of it drained out immediately. For some reason, I didn't fasten the oil filter mounting thingie tightly [sorry for the technical term, but I like to be precise with my writing]. Consequently, the remaining oil slowly drained out on to my garage floor over the next 36 hours.

The solution, of course, was to go to the local A & P to pick up some kitty litter, which is brilliant at absorbing industrial spills. In fact, we should dig up our coastline and replace the sand there with kitty litter, thereby inoculating us against future Exxon Valdez type oil spill catastrophes. As I was going to the grocery store anyways, I thought I'd pick up a few other things that we needed. Easier said than done. The entire produce section was completely picked over. Only about a third of the chilled produce cases were stocked. What's up with that? Is there some impending nuclear conflict, and I'm the only one who doesn't know about it? Ha ha! Joke's on me!

1 comments:

effamy said...

G tells me that our A&P's decline has much to do with the purchase by Metro of la belle province. i definitely know what you mean...