Monday, March 2, 2009

My Triangle

This evening, Jude watched a youtube clip of James Blunt singing a song called My Triangle on Sesame Street:



Somewhere in the song, he used the word hypotenuse, which caused Jude and I to laugh, though presumably for different reasons. Tomorrow is a school day for Jude, and Rebecca said that she and Jude were talking about telling the class about the hypotenuse tomorrow. He's in bed now, and will in all likelihood forget about it overnight. Still, the prospect of a preschooler using the word hypotenuse is irresistable.

My dad tried to teach me a little bit about calculus in second grade. I remember telling Matt MacGregor about parabolas one summer evening when I saw him as I rode my bike. The kids in my grade pretty much all got along well. I can't imagine any other reason why that sort of talk didn't get me beat up.

Maybe I should have a chat with Jude again before he leaves for school in the morning.

1 comments:

effamy said...

jude is more likely to be beaten up if he tells the kids he likes the work of mr. james blunt (ewww) than he is over a hypoteneuse.