Sunday, April 5, 2009

Traffic

One of the upsides of screwing up my blog while applying a new template was that, when I found the replacement that I am currently using, it came with a traffic widget that I hadn't seen before. If you are reading this at the original site, lesbonneschoses.blogspot.com, you can see the FEEDJIT traffic widget on the right hand side. It's really good for the self-esteem, because otherwise, the only clue that I have that I'm not talking to myself is that I occasionally get responses from J, K, Pb, V, and a few other entries from the alphabet/periodic table. So it was really neat to see hits filter in from all over North America. People coming here seem to fall into one of two camps: people interested in reading about my observations on academic, politics, fatherhood, and what makes people tick; and people interested in stabbings. You see, the most common entry point to my blog is via google images, landing on a blog entry from the Ides of March, 2008, where I incorporated a renaissance painting of the stabbing of Caesar. So I may have to come up with a byline for my blog. Something like: Come for the murder, stay for the humour

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what's weird?
It has my IP address coming from London, ON.

Which is only what? 700-800km off?
-Vanadium

Traci said...

That's quite a fancy gadget, Chris.

Paul and I heard a program on CBC the other day, and the participants were discussing memory with a neuroscience professor from University of Kingston or Waterloo. I can't remember which school. (Pun unintended.) We thought of you. Please send our regards to Becca, Jude, and the forthcoming wee one.

Anonymous said...

Awesome tag line for the blog!
How's that baby cookin'? We need an update!
Kathleen