Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today, my sister Carolyn (the one that the most of my friends have met through many of my planned social activities, from sushi to dodgeball) turns 28. April 2, 1981. Anyone who knows her would attest that she was born 24 hours too late.

A fair bit of flatulence playful mockery goes on in my parents' household, and Carrie is often the instigator. One thing that always invites her scorn is to mention a game called Settlers of Catan. "Sorry, I've cut sheep and wheat from my diet," she might say if you invited her to play.

Now, Carolyn isn't the only sister of mine that could deserve a blog entry for her birthday. Heather's birthday was just over a month ago, on February 24th, but I didn't blog about it then because it didn't coincide with any cool news, like the fact that she and her husband (my man-crush) Kristian are going to be on Property Virgins (after they get their sh*t together and pick a bloody house before it gets snapped up). However, it seemed that it would be especially good to mention Carolyn and her disdain of everything Catan on a day that I stumbled across an article declaring Settlers of Catan as the most awesome game ever, and anyone who thinks otherwise is lame (and it's on Wired, so it must be true!).

0 comments: