Thursday, April 16, 2009

Disconnect

I've been trying to contact an Evanston nursery school for about the last three weeks. I've left a number of messages on the answering machine with our phone number, and called at all sorts of times of the day (taking into account that Chicago time is one hour behind local time in London). My most recent call was this morning at 9 am (Chicago time), and again got the answering machine, the purpose of which I am unclear because all my messages seem to be routed to /dev/null. I'm going to give it one last shot in a few hours, after I go in to school to retrieve the final exams that I am giving tomorrow night. The other thing I did today was call Don Mills (the person, not the Toronto suburb) who does (house) painting in the London area, on Bridgett's recommendation. Despite my recent experiences with answering machines, I left a voice message. Hopefully his works better than the preschool's.

Sorry this entry isn't particularly insightful, but I could see that my Zimbabwean readers were getting restless for something new to read with their morning coffee. I hope to have my revised manuscript ready for them before too long.

Update: Too late for my Antarctica (??!?!) reader to read about, I was finally able to talk to a real-live person with the preschool. She'll be sending along a registration package in the mail. Yahoo!

0 comments: