Thursday, April 9, 2009

Before I gear up in my traffic-cone-orange motorcycle jacket, I have time for a couple quick thoughts.
First, I've been increasingly interested in (read: obsessed with) that traffic meter. For cities like Montreal, QC and Stevens Point, WI, I can guess who it might be a-knockin' at my blag's door. However, it's not foolproof. First, it doesn't always get the city correct. I believe I have had some visitors from Toronto and Ottawa that showed up as being from London (I speculate that it might be the fault of Rogers who might be doing some kind of caching trickery or something). Second, if you were to click the link to see the Top London Blogs, this morning you would see a blog called Walking Through Africa (which appropriately enough is a photographic chronicle of the blogger's travels through Africa) close to the top when this list is sorted by relevance. To be clear, by relevance, they mean it to indicate "...how interesting a blog is to people in a particular city ... if [there are] many blog entries about [the] local town or city, you'll probably find [the] blog close to the top of this list." And this is perhaps where the confusion stems from. London, Ontario is not to be found anywhere in Africa. It seems unlikely to me that much about London can be said when one is talking about Africa.

Perhaps all this talk of London, Ontario will allow me to vault to the top of the list.

Speaking of Africa, how about those Somali pirates? The BBC had an online poll this morning that asked How can pirates be stopped? Clearly, they are unaware that ninjas are the perfect foil to the pirate.

0 comments: