Friday, April 10, 2009

Potty time! Excellent!

I was just on kijiji looking for a big bulky something that we really don't need cluttering up our kitchen when we're trying to declutter our most amazingly cluttered house in preparation for listing it with the real estate agent. Fortunately, it was not to be found - here, Toronto or Chicago. While on Kijiji, I found the following ad (spelling corrected):

One large room for rent in a 3-bedroom apartment, south facing balcony. Hydro, water ,TV cable & internet cable included. Share washroom with a girl, it will be available on May 1st.2009.

I'm not sure if it's a result of studying things like discourse comprehension, where one often sees incredibly strange and contrived phrases constructed to prove a particular point, but I habitually search for multiple interpretations of much of what I read. I found the above ad amusing when read in the context of the stereotype of women preening forever in the washroom. I imagine the current occupant's roommate just couldn't hold it in until May.

0 comments: