Saturday, March 15, 2008

Beware!

It was the ides of March today. Did everyone get out today and stab someone to celebrate? Unfortunately, I didn't get out until this evening, to celebrate Jen Boman's defense against the dark arts (and by dark arts, I mean the UWO senate). All afternoon long, I was cleaning stuff: the floor, the refrigerator (which has now been leveled so that I can make proper ice cubes -- or ice3 as I may call it). Added to that was the task of making linner (dunch?) -- whatever it was, it was an afternoon meal that we didn't have until after 4. So by the time we left the house, all the good ides of March stabbing fun was done.



I also checked out my preliminary data for one of my experiments that I have been running at school. Like everything else I have been doing in grad school, my experimental task hasn't been done before: feature verification (which has been done before) involves indicating whether some feature (e.g., wings) is a property of some concept (e.g. ROBIN). My experiment is a dual feature verification task, where you have to indicate whether both listed features belong to the concept. Unfortunately, it's not working out at all -- if anything, the results are backwards of what I would predict. All is not lost, however, as I figured out something that really ought to be added to the experiment. Better late than never, I suppose. So I guess that means I'll have to run yet another experiment.

0 comments: