Tuesday, March 18, 2008

No soup for me

Today I heard back in the negative from the fine people at NSERC. I was quite bummed by the disappointing news because I thought that it was my most likely option for once I finish up my PhD. Fortunately, I was looking after Jude by myself this evening, while Rebecca was out at choir, and playing with the little guy helped take my mind off things. Plus, it was a good reminder of what I would potentially be missing if I had to take a postdoc elsewhere and Rebecca stayed in London. That would have sucked. However, barring a surprise interview request from Carleton (I haven't heard from them for a couple of months now, so either the job doesn't exist, or else they're in the middle of filling it) or from Waterloo, I am going to have to figure out how to get out of my predicament, because I'm quickly running out of track.

0 comments: