Friday, March 7, 2008

Tag!

It's 10:45 on a Friday night. Jude is asleep (for now), and Rebecca and I are goofing around on the computer. Rebecca had been putting together an album of Jude's first year, but she was having a bit of a problem finding photos. Not for lack of photos, mind you. The first year she got a digital camera, her photos easily fit on a CD-ROM. Then she got a second digital camera, and filled that CD-ROM. After her first year with her third camera, she filled a DVD. And the photos she took in 2007 would fill a dual-layer DVD (if only Nero was working properly on her computer). So she felt she needed some way to keep her photos in order. She had downloaded Picassa, in the vain attempt to put up a photo album to be used with a knitting project website called ravelry.com, but ravelry unfortunately only deals with flikr albums at this time. Picassa had been uselessly installed on her computer these last few months, but I was pretty sure that it had some kind of photo tagging capability, which I verified last night. And so now, Rebecca is going back through thousands of photos, meticulously tagging each of them. And unless I am mistaken, the software took a crack at image identification, because a test search for Carrie came up with some photos from our wedding that I am sure I had not tagged last night. If it works, that's really cool. And since we have about 10 photos of Jude for each day he has been alive, the software should have a good idea what he looks like.

As for my computer project tonight, I am providing tech support for Rebecca's project, and trying to find a copy of the 1991 Jesus Jones album. I don't consider it piracy, since I actually own a scratched copy of the CD. Surprisingly, Mr. Jones is not as popular as he was in '91.


Update: Jesus Jones still has 4 fans from which I was able to download the album

0 comments: