Sunday, March 16, 2008

Battered senseless

On Friday, I made tempura battered cod, sweet potato fries and edamame for dinner. Unfortunately, the house still smells like cooking oil. It's irritating. If anyone has any suggestions that do not involve airing out the house when it is barely above freezing, I'd like to hear them.

Speaking of things sticking, the kids songs on the latest CD that Rebecca has bought Jude for the car are just a little too good at getting caught in my head. Someone should invent some kind of auditory-loop wash. Not a total brain-washing, just a gentle scrubbing of those parts of your brain that keep cycling the same song over and over and over...

You may have noticed that I have recently been making liberal use of images in my posts. I think it makes them easier to consume. Unfortunately, I don't have a suitable graphic prepared at the moment.

3 comments:

Vivian Cheng said...

Unfortunately, the only really good way I know of to rid the house of cooking grease smells is to buy a really good exhaust fan. It's the Chinese way anyway.
(And being from a long line of notoriously cheap Chinese people, that's saying a lot that my forebears would bother spending money on a really good exhaust fan).

Molotov Tiki said...

Chris, greasy oil molecules (like Midicloreans)stick to EVERYTHING at the microscopic level - especially fabric. That's why the smell lingers so long. So if you can't afford the fan, or an army of washer monkeys, your best bet is to....air the house. Things like febreze just collect in your system and harm the younglings.

Chris said...

I ended up airing out the house for about 20 minutes the other day. It was chilly, but we're back to good.