Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's not news, it's FARK

I have fark.com as my homepage for most of my browsers. It's kind of like a news aggregator, except the headlines are written by members of the web counterculture, and are usually pretty amusing. I found this one today particularly amusing:

Oregon conducts lottery where prize is health insurance. If it works out, will be expanded to game show will pit poor contestants against one another to compete for other necessities.

Um, what else do I have to report? Well, I have been telling anyone who will listen that my poster, which will detail the experiments I have been doing for my dissertation got accepted at a conference in Italy at the end of April. It's very exciting, because I have never been to Italy. There will be pasta. Flying spaghetti monster strikes again!

0 comments: