Thursday, December 31, 2009

Taming of the Shrewd

I've got a few hours left of 2009 in the eastern timezone - just enough time to labour over a final blog post of the year. I know, the shoddy editing may have lead you to believe I can just crank these things off, but you should see the stuff that didn't make the cut [garbage in, garbage out - your shoddy editor].

Let me start by saying that I don't yet know the topic about which I'm about to write. So let's see where my keyboard takes me, starting with the obvious: The new year is a time to reflect back on the previous year, which brought many big changes: new baby, new job, new house in a new city, new friends. Same old rash though. I really thought that would have cleared up by now. Speaking of old rashes, I see Harper is still up to the same nonsense as this time last year. I gotta hand it to the guy though, he is a really good politician. Dude has a minority government and he's baiting the opposition into calling for an election. He's a master. [rim shot]. Seriously though, he's getting sh*t done. It may be the devil's work, but if you represent less than a third of the population but are making the remaining two thirds of the population your bitch, you are good at what you do.

Come to think of it, isn't that how capitalism works? Anyways, I wish that power could be channeled for the forces of good. Maybe then some of those "radical" ideas being floated around South of the border could actually get somewhere without being watered down to the point of ineffectuality.

Hmmph. Political proto-rant, eh? Whodathunk?

0 comments: