Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kerplowee

Rebecca called a couple of hours ago to let me know that she and the kids arrived in London. They must have left under the wire, as hundreds of flights out of Chicago were cancelled this afternoon, and the inbound snow storm was the lead-off news story this evening.

I don't know how to segue the weather into a funny story, so I'll just say that I'm relieved that my wife and my two best little guys had a good trip. I'll also wonder aloud why there aren't like airport bellhops or something. There was no way in hell Rebecca could have gotten from the Terminal 1 loading zone to the baggage check and then to the security screening by herself. Thus, we were obliged to park at Terminal 5 at the opposite end of the airport and make our way back to Terminal 1 together. Not that I minded, but it seems that someone is missing a good business opportunity here.

So, now that I just have my own mouth to feed, I have the particular tastes of fewer mouths to consider when it comes to preparing meals. Unfortunately, in anticipation of having just myself to feed, we have let our fridge empty. Looks like I'll be having mustard soup tonight.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

O'Hare is a rough airport. I always try and avoid it as the weather (all year) and number of planes going in and out make it just nasty. I have spent many hours sitting on the runway waiting to take off (if they close the door on time, the flight 'departed' on time), and many more (slightly better) hours delayed inside the airport.

So, nice timing on their part!