Monday, December 7, 2009

Itchy

The family flies back to London tomorrow afternoon, though most of our cargo comes with me in the car when I drive up exactly one week later. Living here in the land of plenty, some of our relatives have been availing themselves of our mailing address and ordering goods that do not ship outside of the contiguous 48 states. Hopefully douanes won't give me a rough time as I try to cross the border with Amazon's inventory in the trunk. In the next week, I'll be winding things down here, and maybe getting a bit more work done than is typical because I'm pretty low maintenance -- hell, one of the perks of a shaved head is that I only have to do my hair every four or five days or so.


I'll also be bringing along our Settlers of Catan game because Carolyn hates the game (though she has never played) and I want to see her stroke out when we tell her we've invited people over to her place to play it. We won't be staying with her the whole time; we'll be splitting our time between there, my in-laws, and we may spend our 7th anniversary (December 28) at the Idyllwild Inn, where we stayed on our wedding night. Unlike our wedding night, I expect I will not be running a high-grade fever and hallucinating that the room is on fire.

0 comments: