Friday, December 25, 2009

Sated

I doubt anyone will be reading this anytime really soon, but I have a spare moment as I digest dinner, so, hey, why not blog, right?

I'm thrilled with my haul this Decemberween, having added to my collection of cooking gear and games. As of the time of this writing, however, there is one item on my wish list just to the right of this post, and I didn't get it. This conclusively proves that my family either doesn't believe me, or else doesn't read my blog.

We played the Santa card to the hilt this year, and Jude has been a "listening boy" for a greater proportion of the last month than usual. And as far as he knows, whereas he got his Rusty and Dusty cars from Santa on Christmas Eve for being a listening boy, his cousins got nothing from Santa. It's not often you get a chance to show your child an example of getting stiffed by Santa. That's powerful. No wonder parents have been so willing to blatantly lie to their children about the jolly old elf for so many generations.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, no Santa? How do they do it?