Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pile Driver

I'm at home today because, as I mentioned yesterday, the carpet cleaner is here. And while I'd be inclined to trust this guy if I left the house for a few minutes to run an errand, he's here by himself, and occassionally needs a hand moving furniture around. However, I'd be happy to recommend him, should you need your carpet cleaned. As I said, he uses some kind of milled corn husk product to clean the carpet, and it seems to do a fine job, and because it's a dry cleaning process, you can walk on the carpet immediately afterwards, and without the use of any harsh chemicals. His name is Barry Gollan if you want to give him a call (519 227 1427). The guy who stretched our carpets recommended him as "the best in the business".

One thing worth noting if you call him, he's a bit hard of hearing in his left ear. After spending the day in the house as he uses the carpet cleaning equipment, I can understand why. Interestingly, he brings with him a mask to protect his lungs from particulates (the milled corn husk bits), but doesn't seem to use any hearing protection. As I have recently noticed an abrupt slight loss of hearing, I've been sensitive to these things lately. I'm not sure whether this hearing loss is temporary (e.g., plugged ears from allergies) or not, but I plan to get my hearing checked before too long.

0 comments: