Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cheatyface

So you may recall me complaining about how NSERC is plenty happy to give you money to subsidize business interests. You might then be just as surprised as I that I received the following email just now (emphasis mine):

I am pleased to inform you that the NSERC Selection Committee that reviewed your Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF) application, identified you as a meritorious candidate for the VF Inventory. You indicated your interest in the VF program by ticking the appropriate box on your application.

Given that I am opposed in principle to the award, I'm reasonably sure I did not tick that box. But thanks for making me feel so very meritorious today. I also recall that this happened to me last year as well, so the mystery remains: who the hell in the NSERC mailroom has a penchant for ticking off empty boxes?

1 comments:

effamy said...

that sounds creepy...