Monday, May 4, 2009

On your marks...

The painters arrived this morning at 8:00 sharp, and our formerly red kitchen and formerly terracotta living room is now a creamy yellow:

Something like this

The painter was going to buy the paint for me at his price, perhaps with some small markup, which is fair if it's below what they charge at the Home Despot. I had relayed two colours to our painter over the phone. This first colour was the brighter of the two, and intended for the bedrooms, which I was going to paint. The other colour was more of a taupe, picking up a colour in my sofa, and was intended for the living room, kitchen and basement:
Something like this

As it turned out, the creamy colour works fine with everything, so I'm not terribly put out or anything. In fact, our house now looks like one of those fakey staged houses, albeit with more random boxes lurking in the out-of-focus background. I just got up from downstairs where I was moving all the furniture to the middle of the room. I'll be sad to see the basement colour go:
Everyone seemed to like it

During this time, I was listening to the Ceeb, anxiously waiting for the hourly news. Rather than the chick on nitrous oxide with the strange inflection, the weather forecast had been brought to us this evening by the incredibly intense guy. I had hoped to get upstairs in time to figure out how to get a digital recording of the forecast so that you could hear what the heck I find so funny, but alas, they changed it up at the top of the hour -- to what I believe was the forcast from earlier in the day, no less. You'll just have to trust me when I tell you that, if you can imagine James T. Kirk doing the weather, you'd have a decent approximation.
The UV index tomorrow ... will be seven ...or... very high

2 comments:

J said...

I cannot believe you painted over the green...I loved the green!!

Traci said...

No Mushroom Mousse?

*gasp*