Sunday, May 24, 2009

The game is a foot

Yesterday morning, our real estate agent came by with reams of paper for us to sign. I shouldn't have been surprised when, an hour later, we had a For Sale sign on our lawn and an open house scheduled for this afternoon (there's half an hour remaining at the moment) and a couple of showings, including one for the day before Rebecca is due. She'll probably hit me when she reads this, but at least we have gotten the house cleaned up. And I'm finally finished painting. I don't know how the fetishists do it, because I was getting pretty sick of being covered from head to toe in latex.

Update: despite being unadvertised, four groups of people came through, one of which expressed an interest in the house. Unfortunately, they are looking for a closing date of June 26. Seriously? A 30 day close? We're expecting company in July, so that's not going to fly. Still, I hope that bodes well for our chances at selling our house in a timely manner.

0 comments: