Friday, July 3, 2009

Weed & Feed

I just came in from BBQing the sausages that the bunnies dropped off last evening. I often find myself pulling out backyard weeds while I barbecue. This habit hasn't stopped, even though I no longer feel a strong sense of ownership of our vast estate. Weeds have taken root in the new flowerbeds that I created just over a month ago, though because the flowerbeds are piled high with loose topsoil, the weeds are easily removed. I pulled a small clump of new dandelion greens and found myself wondering whether the dandelion greens that show up in fancy salads are similarly harvested. Rather than curse them, can I put the weeds I pull on my plate?

Update: Those sausages were really freakin' good. I mean, ridiculously so. Normally I don't really like sausages that much, but I'm about to eat whatever is left over on Jude's plate if he doesn't finish his dinner. If you haven't already done so, stop what you're doing, and run, don't walk, to get President's Choice Cheddar Smokies naturally smoked sausages.

1 comments:

J said...

sigh...andrew wins again...the cheddar ones probably kicked the tandoori ones' little sausage butts...