Friday, July 17, 2009

Resignation

I came on here to see if anything new had been posted in the last few days and was disappointed. Being the author, however, I realized I had only myself to blame.

I am presently at the university, for what will certainly be one of the last few times. I had tried to do some statistical analyses on my fMRI data but alas, my home computer didn't have enough memory. I have lots of personal effects in my office, and haven't even begun to collect them. Most of them, I suppose, can be tossed out anyways. The rest I may donate to Coco, just as George before me had passed on an extensive collection of philosophy books and a toy basketball net. I'll also have a few bucks coming my way as I return my office keys to get my deposit back. If only it collected interest over the last 7 years.

But that's not the resignation I'm talking about. As the family prepared to leave the house this morning, I was holding le petit monsieur, who has the opposite of a cast iron stomach. The little guy spits up half of what he takes in. I had just rummaged through my drawers to find the perfect 3/4 length t-shirt to wear on this middlingly tepid day, and had been wearing it for no more than 5 minutes before it got barfed on. So I wanted to reflect on my decision to go ahead and wear the shirt today because it was "just a little bit of puke."

3 comments:

effamy said...

perhaps if you fed him half as much (or just one tata)....i'm just saying....

Anonymous said...

As a soon to be first-time parent, I like these posts. It's a good guide. So what exactly constitutes "a little bit..."?
-mich

effamy said...

oh no worries, mich! the dog will come in handy....