Monday, December 1, 2008

So it looks like my sister, Cake* is in the market for houses: her Facebook status says as much. Me, being a smartass, commented that there's some good deals in the Detroit/Windsor area. Then, out of a morbid sense of curiosity - the same one that causes me to go to the websites of online businesses that shut down, and probably the same one that causes people to slow down to see a car wreck, caused me to google Detroit foreclosures. There's alot. I saw a house listed for $6000. There was no picture listed for it, but the listing gave the address, and I figured out that I could use the street view on google maps to check out 15331 Cruse St, Detroit, Michigan. Okay, it's in a pretty sketch looking neighbourhood. You couldn't pay me to live there. Scanning further down the list, however, I saw a listing for an even more affordable $1095. Now, the ad says rent to own, so maybe I'm misunderstanding it and they are advertising the monthly rent and not a purchase price. But if I'm not, then that is very, very sad, because the house looks very similar to my parent's house.

This just in. The doctor called from the urgent care clinic that I visited this weekend. I might or might not have pneumonia. Don't let me kiss you.

*Cake is how Heather is known to Jude, which is funny. Also funny is how I originally typed Caka.

0 comments: