Friday, December 12, 2008

I don't know how I remembered the conjugation of that verb.

Another email sitting in my inbox is the motivation behind this entry. I have been asked to review an article for Brain Research, which is kind of cool. The first article I was ever asked to review was from some unknown online European journal. I was also asked to review for CogSci 08, but given that Ken was one of the organizers, and at least one of the editors is personally known to me, that didn't seem especially remarkable. Things started getting kooky when I was asked to review a neuroimaging article for Brain (especially kooky because I have no neuroimaging publications at this time), and today I am asked to review an ERP paper. I guess "they" are actually taking me seriously. How interesting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Regardless of what "they" do, or the assorted degrees you seem to rack up, I will continue to take you comically.

Also, for us lay folk, you should explain some of those acronyms as I suspect that the ERP you speak of is not Enterprise Resource Planning - which is related to the activities I perform as "work".

Chris said...

We barely use a small fraction of the acronyms used by those IT people.

ERP = Event Related Potentials
Basically, looking at electroencephalograph waveforms while people are doing stuff and junk