Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tin foil hat


Morgan is probably going to accuse me of wearing a tin-foil hat when I say this, but I find it suspiciously odd that I regularly have problems connecting to google -- and only google -- when I am at home. This wouldn't be so strange were it not for the fact that I can have one browser window open and unable to connect to www.google.ca, and at the same time have another browser connecting to google through the UWO proxy server (http://www.google.ca.proxy1.lib.uwo.ca:2048/). Not only am I unable to use google to search the web during this time, but I am also unable to sign in to gmail and write blog entries such as this one. Is there a good explanation for this? Because all I got is the fact that Rogers, who provides my internet access, is affiliated with Yahoo, who competes with google. When I can't use google to search the internet, where do I go? Yahoo?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is usually a router problem. Try bypassing the router, and if that restores google, reset the router and see if that helps.