Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sensory Overload

I got a new ergonomic foam pillow last weekend. Now we have a(n almost) matching pair. They're both made of that memory foam stuff that forms to your contours. The only downside is that, because the pillow is brand-spanking-new, and made of crazy petrochemicals (I suppose), it still has a sort of strange chemical smell. I don't really notice it, except in the morning, when I wake up to find that my head has a new car smell.

Meanwhile, back in facebook land, I have been drafted into multiple scrabble games. I just wrote on Vivian's wall to explain that I am not a scrabble snob. Rather, I am trying to keep the number of games I am playing at one time under control. I am kind of hoping more of my opponents make use of the little message board. I really look forward to checking out my game with Michelle because we have this little conversation going on. By the way, I am no where near as competent in real-life scrabble, where if you play a bogus word, your opponent can call you on it, and you are screwed. Online, you can play your word, and if it happens to make other really obscure words along the way, bully for you. Also, I rely heavily on the 2-letter word list. Actually, I found a lot of good scrabble tips on this website. I really hope you're not surprised to find I would read up on scrabble strategy. Honestly. *I've been competitive at everything I've done since losing to Vivian in that spelling bee back in grade 6.

*That's not really why I'm competitive. I like to win because I'm a bit of a jerk. But just a wee bit.

1 comments:

Vivian Cheng said...

I was going to be all, "In yo' face" and show you a picture of the covetous "Grade 6 spelling Bee" award, but at the moment I only have the 'Participation' certificate. (The trophy's in a safe at the bank, or somewhere in my parents' basement; whichever one you care to believe ;) )

If it makes you feel better, I could take a photo of it, and photoshop your name onto it :D