Monday, November 5, 2007

Car for the blind

Y'all can stop looking now. John is the scavenger hunt champeen of the world. Or at least, the interwebs. Now I like to think I can navigate that series of tubes as well as the next guy -- and maybe I can, so long as I am not sitting next to John. I must ask him (and indeed, by writing this, I effectively am) where the hell he found a digital copy of the Indio album, because I couldn't find it on any torrent sites or even for legitimate download. Yes, I could purchase the album in mp3 format from a skeezy website based in Russia, but I'm about as likely to patronize a Russian ecommerce website as I am to patronize a syphilitic prostitute.

In other news, my car is presently modified so as to be detectable to the blind. Hi tech gadgetry? No, I hit a skunk (or at least straddled it) on my way to this evening's soccer game (for which I paid $4 to park so that we could wait around for a ref not to show up). I saw the stunned skunk waddle off in the rearview, so I didn't kill the damn thing. However even if I did: not my fault. Wet roads and a plodding, predominantly black animal at night time with an awkward gait do not mix. So yeah, the underside of the car has been skunk-guarded.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The answer is simple: the evil overlord of the internets and owner of this site - google.

To google you go, you type in:
Indio big harvest torrent

First hit did it. Going dirrect to torrent sites is for yesterdays chumps.

Unknown said...

That first hit would be wonderful if anybody would actually seed the torrent. Did you even try to download it?