Thursday, November 8, 2007

Macho Me

People who may have been paying attention to my Facebook or MSN status in the last few weeks may have concluded that I am often feeling particularly macho. This has never been truer than right this moment. Several years ago, I was in the magazine section of Chapters when I noticed a computer magazine for Mac users. It was called Mac Home. However, the typographers were all clever and artsy and ran the words together: it looked something like "machome", or as I chose to read it, "macho me". Well, I am now at home, and using my new Mac mini (I really like it, probably because it's so tiny). I had to get a VGA cable so I could hook it up to our LCD television down here in the basement. I also note that I am getting a really good wireless signal from my router, which is often not the case with my laptop. While I wish I could take advantage of the entire screen (my television will only support a 4:3 aspect ratio, even though it is widescreen).

One might wonder why I am down in the basement with a computer hooked up to a 32" LCD television. There are a couple reasons: first, I really needed to look at some files that were on this computer from the fMRI crash-course I took so that I can figure out how to do a couple things for a project with a looming deadline, and I didn't want to have to disconnect my monitor from my desktop computer. Second, and just as important, I did it because I could.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat oh!

I am commenting from my new iPod after reading the posting on it because i can.