Monday, May 17, 2010

Dance Party

One of our routines for getting Asher settled down is to host a mini dance party. Thanks to the magic of YouTube, P'tit Monsieur is familiar with the Safety Dance (thanks to my recent earworm), All the Single Ladies (thanks to Amy), and the opening theme of Fraggle Rock (thanks to Miranda, by way of Jude, who is now hooked on Fraggle Rock). Each of these songs has an associated dance from the video, and I hope to post the video I took a couple weeks back of Asher dancing along to the video, though since I don't know the first thing about video editing, I wouldn't hold your breath.



And who participates in our dance parties? So far, they've been pretty small: just the four of us. Jude is a big fan of the safety dance; of the Single Ladies, not so much, though this evening he did say that Beyonce was "delicious". Rebecca asked him where he got that idea, looking at me as she did so. I honestly do not recall ever saying such a thing, so my defense was that Beyonce's deliciousness must be self-evident.



Now that you have our playlist, I encourage you to dance along with us tomorrow evening. Bring your ferret. Send videos. I'll post them. Maybe.

1 comments:

effamy said...

dancing to settle down? well that's unique and counterintuitive. but maybe not, it's just the routine that works. jude is too precoscious for words. you definitely have pinky and the brain going on with your kidlings.