Friday, April 30, 2010

Blitzed

Crazy week is finally over. Today was tax day in Canada, so I got my Canadian tax returns completed and mailed off this week after taking a week break following the US tax day. It's not the tax returns themselves that suck (we get money back), it's the stress associated with the scavenger hunt for documents that always hide themselves (or in some cases, never arrived), especially after you have moved. Add to that the complete reanalysis of some experiments for a resubmitted manuscript because I'd been away from it so long that I needed to convince myself that my stats were right. And finally, I got to give the lab talk for the data blitz, which also required a fair amount of data analysis in the last week.

What will I be doing with my free weekend? It's a secret. But I think I'll start by blogging. This evening, we went for dinner at a family-style Italian restaurant. On the way back, I pushed the stroller carrying Jude and Asher along Chicago's Magnificent Mile and I noticed something: there was a certain cross-section of the young female oncoming pedestrian population that I was carefully not running into that were totally checking out my little guys. It was almost as if I could see the thought bubbles over their heads mulling over how cute my kids were, and how they wish they could be so lucky to have kids so cute. So while I don't get checked out anymore (if indeed I ever did), at least my genes do.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You're awesome. This is my favorite post!