Monday, June 22, 2009

What to do, what to do

If only I were as diligent with academic writing as I am with blogging, I'd probably be employed at a university by now. As it is, I am nearly 35 and have yet to work a single day in the career I chose one warm afternoon in 1992 at a track and field meet.

I contend that anything you could ever want to know can be found somewhere on the internet. There are some things that can't be found, mind you, like a recipe that uses toothpaste, but again, is that something that you would want to know how to do? So when I found myself not knowing what to blog about today, I turned to the internet.

"What to blog about," I asked google. I probably shouldn't have done that, because now I feel bad for not researching my audience, finding a niche and selecting a topic. Blagging is serious business.

So now I am at a crossroads, just like Jon and Kate. Okay, I'm just messing with y'all. I just wanted to make fun of the melodrama. If I never hear about that program again, it'll be too soon. When we move, seriously, no cable. Speaking of which, in just a little over a month, we'll be packing it all up -- or most of it, at least. The Christmas stuff will probably all remain in my mom and dad's basement, as we'll be spending the Christmas season in London anyways. Time to photograph some stuff for kijiji and have a garage sale!

0 comments: