Sunday, June 7, 2009

...after all, it's been a week with my new and improved family. So far, Asher has seen about 6 hours of daylight. The rest of the time? Sleeping, which also means he doesn't really cry much either. Knock on wood.

I've spent the last week mostly working in the yard. We had a load of topsoil dropped off last weekend, and I literally had more topsoil than I knew what to do with. I was also under the gun to disperse the pile of dirt because the last time I had a delivery of topsoil, the weather kept me from doing anything with it for several weeks, during which time all the grass underneath died. All that work finished up today, just prior to our open house, when I put down some nice cedar mulch. That stuff smells amazing. I still have a bag and a half of it that I have reserved for snorting.

Now, because all I have been doing for the last week is shovel dirt and divide hosta plants, I don't have much else to talk about. Hopefully this next week will bring an offer on my house so I can get back to things that matter. There will also be a short trip to Chicago in the near future because I have to scope out a place to live in Evanston. In related news, I confirmed that Amtrak has a train that runs between Chicago and Port Huron for $27. Hopefully that'll be some incentive for people to come visit us, as well as make it easier for some of us to make it back to London to visit family.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There was a train that used to run all the way to Toronto from Chicago, but sadly it was cut on April 24 2004.

The Sarnia Via station is basically across the river from the Amtrak station, but you would have to go a ways up river (or down river? I dunno) to the Bluewater bridge to get across...

Chris said...

...or rent a canoe

Unknown said...

be sure and take the insurance, as a black hawk helicopter would probably to quite a number on it...