Monday, June 15, 2009

FBXRD

My editor has been breathing down my neck as I failed to meet my last submission deadline. He said that people don't pay good money for me to sit around on my duff and -- what? People aren't paying good money? I don't even have an editor?

Oh. That changes things. Okay, then. I'm going to take today off. I'm busy. I will leave, however, with a report that our house has received a conditional offer. We've already had the home inspection, so I don't know what the default status of the offer is -- it expires on Tuesday, so does the offer stand unless we hear otherwise, or is the offer rescinded unless we hear otherwise? Maybe someone who has more experience in this sort of thing might leave a comment. Or maybe I'll pester my agent, about whom, incidentally, I have nothing but good things to say. He has been working amazingly hard on getting this house sold.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I just looked at my offer on this place - as it was conditional on a number of things. It stated that if the seller accepted the offer then I would attempt to meet the conditions and if I did not let them know by //date// then the offer was void...

So (sadly for you) the default is likely void. But one would think they should let you know, or take whatever information they got from the conditions and try and haggle you down some more (that's what I did).