Saturday, December 1, 2007

It has been brought to my attention that some sadistic people out there derive some amount of pleasure from my willingness to freely describe events in which I am the straight-man to fate's peculiar sense of humour. I am afraid that nothing bad has befallen me since the hair removal wax incident, unless by the time you have read this the lamb vindaloo from Curry Garden has passed through my system -- though that story may also be shared to varying degrees by Michelle, Rebecca and Deanna. Just now, I am considering the fact that we have a large supply of Penaten. If you are not familiar with the product, then clearly you do not change diapers on a regular basis. Follow the link, and see if you can figure out where I am going with this...

In commemoration of Alan's birthday, last night we watched the fourth installment of the Die Hard franchise. Justin Long was in it, playing the role of a computer hacker. Everytime he opened his mouth, I expected him to say, "Hi, I'm a Mac..." But that wasn't what wrecked the film for me. Rather, the problem was that I'm not sure that the technology used in the Golden Gate bridge would be sufficient to suspend my disbelief. Sorry, that little attempt at cleverness was a bit strained, but then, so was my ability to ignore the plot inconsistencies and reality-defying feats. Unfortunately, the only products out there that would allow those reservations to be put aside so I could properly enjoy the movie also happen to be controlled substances.

0 comments: