Saturday, December 29, 2007

Digital Media

I was reading this evening about how iTunes isn't all that because Amazon offers DRM-free music downloads (i.e., pay for the song once, and you can use it wherever and whenever you want) for cheaper than the iTunes offerings. So then I went to Amazon to check out their offerings. While there, I stumbled across one of their latest products, the Amazon Kindle, which I found particularly intriguing, in part because the item, which retails for $400 was sold out.


So that seemed kind of interesting. I could see that catching on with the business crowd. Hell, add an mp3 player to it and offer mp3 downloads to the thing through the same channels, and that thing could stomp all over the iPod. Maybe I should get me some Amazon stock and email them my suggestions. Of course, this product obsoletes an idea I once had for on-demand printing kiosks. That idea probably wouldn't have flown any later than the 90's anyways.

1 comments:

effamy said...

the oldest son asked for a kindle for xmess. i was so impressed i bought one for each of us.