Friday, December 28, 2007

Anniversary

It's been 5 years since I did (that's the past-tense of "I do"). To celebrate, I made the dinner that we had at our reception: loaded potato soup using Amy's turkey stock (there's lots of leftovers), chicken cordon bleu with steamed vegetables, and a baguette with balsamic vinegar/olive oil dip. Mmm, tasty. That's really the highlight of the day, because Rebecca is still under the weather. I hope I don't come down with whatever is making her feel ill. Usually it seems that she is impervious to illness.

Earlier in the day, while she was out shopping with her sister, I fixed up the cable line going into our cable box, so that we reliably get the HD Discovery and CBC channels that only came in intermittently, which annoyed me to no end (even if the discovery channel only shows the program about building the flood wall around Venice). I also hooked up the Mac Mini to the Toshiba 32" LCD TV through the HDMI cable I bought. Now I just have to hook up the DVD player with the component cables I bought this afternoon, and then calibrate the TV so that the picture isn't so dark on the computer (this is apparent when watching movies with iDVD).

I have no other news.