Saturday, October 20, 2007

Invisible Touch

I really like dreams; I find they are often very entertaining. They usually fall into one of two formats: the first, where I am experiencing the dream as myself, or the other, where I am watching events unfold as if on TV. In fact sometimes my dreams aren't just like TV, they are TV. The other day, for example, I dreamed up an entire episode of House. Generally the plot to each episode runs along the same lines, so I basically used those elements to fabricate a new episode. Now, bear in mind that I was asleep, which meant that, 1) the storyline was probably full of holes, but also 2) I didn't care. I mean, really, can you write a script for a 1 hour prime time show in your sleep?
I also generally have enough control over things in my dreams that it never gets out of hand, as in a nightmare. If it starts to go south, I usually do something like turn it from a 1st person perspective to a 3rd person perspective and decide that I'm actually watching a movie or something. Or I arbitrarily change things up a bit to give myself an edge. Last night, for example, I was being hunted by a bounty hunter. I think it had something to do with crossing the border. A handy skill to have when you are being hunted is the ability to make yourself undetectable, which is exactly what I suddenly became able to do. Then I'm not sure if I switched to a different but thematically related dream, or what, but I found myself with another related ability: I was barbequeing some sausages and hamburgers, and I was able to render invisible and otherwise undetectable the food I was cooking, allowing me to perplex a curious onlooker. That would be a superpower with a somewhat more limited scope of usefulness, I think.

2 comments:

Molotov Tiki said...

I'm sure Prof X would approve. By the way, you're lucky Man Tracker didn't enter your dream or you'd be caught invisibility powers or not. I know what you're thinking and no Man Tracker is not a gay hunter of men. Its a show on OLN. Regardless though it seems that Jung would indeed have fun with your dreams were he around - especially the invisible roasting weenies...

Chris said...

I'm not interested in your gay idols, Ed.