Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ah, so that was an exciting diversion, non?

Unfortunately, there's nothing particularly comical in the news this week, as the destruction that has befallen Japan is presently dwarfing the havoc wreaked at the hands of people with a dangerous amount of power (for many people in government, the deciding vote on which shared appetizer to order is a dangerous amount of power). And I certainly can't go making light of the tragedy in Japan because that would put my negotiations with Aflac in peril.

Perhaps I could casually endorse an etsy store, in a bid to extort some free swag? A friend of mine who has an online store was recently targeted with just such a bid by somebody with a Twitter account and acute megalomania. Assuming she reads this, I'll encourage her to send along her admirer's Twitter account handle in the comments so we can all reciprocate the gesture. Might I suggest the #dumbass hashtag?

So, uh, Viv, I don't suppose you have any spare QR Code cufflinks laying around, do you?

0 comments: