Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Brazen

E-Commerce is brilliant. At one point, it paid my tuition. You can find most anything you want on sites like Amazon, and pay less than you would in most stores. Sure, you can't try anything on, but if your sizing options are S-M-L, or you're buying something like a book or electronics, that hardly matters. The only real downside I can see is that you generally can't ask questions about your purchase. Of course, if you would otherwise be shopping at a large chain store, I would argue that the staff there aren't likely to be much more helpful (ever wander the aisles in Home Depot looking for help? The commercials depict a small army ready to assist in any way. What a fiction). No, if you want customer service, go shop at a small independently owned store. The local Ace Hardware has got to be one of my favourite places on earth.

So today, I fell down the rabbit hole, after reading up on ram drives. What that is, and why I was reading about it is not important (if you must know, this is what it is, and I was reading about them because I'm easily distracted when involved in drudgery). Anyways, I found myself following a link to an e-commerce website selling RAM disk software:



Note the URL (http://goldoemsoftware.com/legal-software/etc.). Naturally, I had to ask whether there was a corresponding directory where they showcased their illegal offerings:

Illegal software for sale! Hey, what do their proud partners think of this?

Particularly amusing to me is the juxtaposition of the software titles alongside the logos of the copyright holders with whom they apparently are proud partners.

0 comments: